WELCOME TO THE 7TH INTERNATIONAL GENETIC DISORDERS CONFERENCE 2018
UAE Genetic Diseases Association has organised six international conferences since 2009.
The conference has grown, both in number of international representation and the number of delegates, consistently over the six editions. The 6th edition of the conference was held in year 2016 with over 35 speakers and more than 1400 delegates joining for two days.
The 7th International Genetic Disorders Conference 2018 is organized by UAE Genetic Diseases Association as part of our core agenda to support the federal healthcare agenda of United Arab Emirates.
The two day conference will:
- Focus on core themes of Epigenetics and Genome Editing, Rare Diseases and Smart Ageing
- Invite globally acclaimed genetics researchers, scientists and speakers to the UAE
- Bring over 1500 international and regional delegates and professionals, doctors, researchers, practitioners and decision makers together in Dubai.
- Two day scientific program will present more than 35 sessions and keynotes covering latest research, case studies and updates in genetic research, innovations, scientific breakthrough, development of new treatments, healthcare, social care, public health policies etc.
- Facilitate knowledge exchange and enable discussions, and collaborations in the field of genetics.
Building UAE as a Hub of Scientific Learning Opportunities in Genetics Showcase UAE on forefront of Genetic and Scientific Innovation.
Creating an action-led and interactive platform for the global genetics research community to interact.
Knowledge exchange opportunities with scientists and researchers, experts and students and medical community.
THE 7TH INTERNATIONAL GENETIC DISORDER CONFERENCE KEY FEATURES
- State-of-the-Art Keynote from Leading Genetics Researchers, Innovators and Scientists from over 30 countries
- Case Studies and presentations from Globally Acclaimed Speakers in genetics, epigenetics and Smart Ageing
- Knowledge Exchange Platform to connect International Scientific Community to the Arab World
- Scientific Abstract and Poster Presentations
- Public Education & Community Segment
- Young Talent Showcase – competitions and exhibition of projects on the themes of Science and Genetics
- Special Project Display
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SCIENTIFIC PROGRAM
The conference core themes are:
- Epigenetics & Genome Editing
- Rare Diseases
- Smart Ageing
- GMO & Your Health
The overarching theme of conference program is to bring together the genetics, rare diseases and epigenetics community together, in the UAE and facilitate knowledge exchange, sharing learnings and facilitate discussions between all stakeholders. The two day program will include the comprehensive range of topic areas.
TOP REASONS TO ATTEND THE CONFERENCE
Learn about the latest advances, challenges, facts, figures and trends in the field of genetics, epigenetic and rare diseases with international expert speakers.
Innovation– Great focus on scientific and technological innovation, with seminars on next generation therapies as well talks throughout the agenda.
High-level partnerships with the presence of key genetics and rare disease and research organizations and institutions such as NORD.
Largest platforms to explore research collaborations on health, gene editing & gene therapies, genetic testing etc.
Engage in formal and informal networking and idea generation with globally acclaimed experts, innovators and influencers.
Meet key leaders in genetics, rare diseases research, genomics sequencing, data analytics, bioinformatics and epigenetics.
COMMUNITY EDUCATION SEGMENT
The conference will host a special Community Education Program. Community Empowerment is one of the core agenda of UAE Genetic Diseases Association.
Why Community Education?
One of the most effective and proven tool to manage genetic disorders is by empowering the community with reliable, credible and easy-to-use information about the common genetic disorders, especially preventable disorders and share the tools and services which are:
This segment will offer multiple opportunities for the UAE community to engage, interact and learn alongside the scientific community.
Every day from 1 pm to 3 pm, a series of interactive, informative and learning sessions, on epigenetics, prevention, basics of genetics, and health will be offered by our key speakers, experts and educators.
We welcome all the UAE community to actively participate in our Interactive Education Segment
- Patients of genetic disorders, families and caregivers
- Community workers who work in societies, centres and facilities serving high risk groups
HEALTH AND LIFESTYLE ENTHUSIASTS
- Lifestyle , health and community education experts who wish to learn more about genetics and epigenetics
IF YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT HEALTHY GENES
- Individuals and families who wish to learn about healthier genes, and lifestyle in a fun learning environment
- Friends, families and teams of all our partners, supporters and organisations
ALL STUDENTS IN A UAE SCHOOL OR UNIVERSITY
- Students from various schools and universities of the United Arab Emirates